Isis, took this photo at mile 14. Gosh, I look like I need a hamburger/pizza/Twinkie or something! Before the race, I tried convincing Trey to meet me at mile 20 something to hand me a burrito, but that didn't happen. I was half-way joking/half way serious about him meeting me with food, but now --I know that even if he was there to hand me something, I would've passed it up. At times I felt extremely nauseous with all the water, powerade and gels. GAH! It was almost like I had too much electrolytes in my system. Anybody else ever feel like that during a race? I've only experienced that feeling with the marathon and this one.
Last night, I only had to take one dose of pain reliever. After Dallas White Rock Marathon, I recall being more sore than this. I didn't walk funny, but I felt stiff. I think the reason why I'm less sore this time around is because I didn't kill myself during the beginning of the race. In other words, I didn't run the race, like it was a 5K. I thought it was hilarious around mile 22 a spectator was waving a Costco size medicine bottle and yelling ibuprofen!!!
Here is a visual snapshot of my race
Tidbits I forget to mention in my original race recap:
1. I ran with music this time around. My power song was Kanye West: Power (how appropriate). Something that really bugged me about my iPhone, during the race---Specifically, my iPod. The iPod was on for maybe two hours working like a charm and then all of a sudden it randomly started the voice control/command. I finally got tired of canceling the voice control and turned off the iPod.
2. During the race, I texted Trey multiple times. I was giving him quick updates. Apparently, the official Cowtown tracking system didn't work. I finally sent him a glympse so he successfully tracked me that way.
3. I considered tweeting during the race, but I thought that would be too much. Tweets I considering posting: Feeling great! 10 min pace shhhhhh, I could run this pace forever. Somebody meet me, so I can hand off these free gels....my sports bra can only hold so much! I'm seeing floating dots when I look in the sky, hmmm that can't be good. I'm dead tired. Why did I sign-up for this? I just crossed the finish line. That wasn't so bad.
My Recover Plan:
1. Get an extra hour of sleep, each morning, since I won't be using that time to work out.
2. Eat more chocolate. I'm thinking Hershey's.
3. Watch some movies and read a book.
-Best Plan EVER.
PS:Here are some pictures Cliff took of us at the HoneyMilk™ meet-up.
Check out the burger Trey ordered. One Pound of pure beef. GAG!