Monday, July 16, 2007

A Contactor Exploded in Trey's Face

HVAC can be a dangerous job.

Sunday Trey had to run a service call and while he was working on the equipment a contactor exploded in his face. The explosion was so bright that he had to sit there for about two minutes waiting for his eyesight to return. Even with his sight back, he said everything had a yellow tint to it. This morning he’s still feeling the effect of the explosion and is trying to make an appointment with an optometrist. To begin with Trey already has sensitive eyes.

Well, while Trey was out of town working, I stayed behind to look at open houses. I drove all over Fort Worth. I even went into houses that were ridiculously high just because I wanted to kill time. I’ve always had that kind of curious nature, where I want to see how other people live. I think it’s fascinating.

As you know, I want an older house. But can I be honest for a second? I’ve been so disappointed with the historic neighborhoods. They are so inconsistent. You’ll see a beautiful house, a good house, a run down house, followed by a vandalized house. Once we buy, we have to consider resale value even though we don’t want to buy and then move soon, it’s just something that has to be seriously considered. Looking for a home is exciting some days and other days it’s frustrating. For the most part it’s been exciting, but when I first realized how bad some of the historic neighborhoods were it was definitely a let down. This is good news for Trey because now I’m seriously considering newer construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment