Monday, February 21, 2011

Abilene 10 Miler

Distance: 9.92 miles
Duration: 01:29:56
Average Pace Per Mile: 9:03
Weather: It was about 60 degrees and overcast.
Notes: Soreness in my left calf and at one point I got runners knee (right side).

Since I was in Abilene this weekend, I decided to run my old neighborhood. I started near a park and worked my way through several neighborhoods. I passed an old church and admired the architecture.

Taking a few photos, gave me a chance to catch my breathe.

The church sits on a hill.

I love to run this neighborhood and some days I miss it. I use to run the area with my doberman pincher. Aww, I miss him too. One of the main reasons I enjoy this area is because of the character of the homes. French cottage, tudor, craftsman, victorian style homes. They are all so lovely. Our current neighborhood has homes like that too, but they are new, they don't have the history and that extra charm.

I couldn't resist, I had to run past my old house. I didn't take a picture of it because I thought it would be creepy if my old neighbors spotted me...Anyways, the current homeowners are not really taking care of the exterior of the house. I'm actually disappointed to see the home in such a sad state. It's a shame because it has so much potential.

After my run, I stopped at H-E-B and treated myself to my favorite coffee, Taste of Abilene. AND I couldn't leave that side of town without stopping at La Popular for breakfast burritos, so that was my second stop before calling it a morning. Trey's mom watched Chey for me while I was running. It was nice not having to hurry back after a run. Thanks Jomi. 
Abilene Run

No comments:

Post a Comment