Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How Do You Taper?

Cowtown is Sunday, which means at this point, my training is all about the taper. I don't know what it is, but I'm struggling this time around.

I want to run! I want to move! It's Wednesday, which means I've usually racked up a minimum of 12 miles. Do you know how many I've ran so far? Three and that was with Cheyenne on Monday. Since last week, I've been dealing with mild calf soreness. I'm trying to play it smart, by resting as much as possible. I slept in yesterday morning and didn't workout. I know I needed the rest, but after dinner I put my workout clothes on and seriously considered walking on the treadmill or cross training on the elliptical. Somehow, the smart me, stopped me. Instead, I sat on the couch and read a book for two hours. The entire time the treadmill was staring me down. I ignored it and ate a bag of Trey's potato chips. I wanted chocolate, but we didn't have any.

Tonight, I'm going to do an easy run, after Chey goes to bed. I will do my best to hold back my effort. MUST conserve it for Sunday's 31 miler. No, that is not a typo.

No comments:

Post a Comment