Friday, May 18, 2012

My Week in Pictures

Remember how I said I was going to give up caffeine? Well, about that....
I got a Keurig Vue (best Mother's Day Present!) and it came with a million caffeinated coffee samples, so I HAVE to drink them. Most days, I have two cups. I'll try a sample coffee in the morning and then I'll have a vanilla latte at night. I actually bought the vanilla latte cups. I saw online that there are cappuccino and Carmel Mocha cups available. SWEET. I must get my hands on those...

Trey has asked me to tone it down, for the sake of the baby. I mean 2 cups is probably pushing it. He could be right, he's always right. He wins every argument we've ever had. Well, most of them. So, I'm cutting back to one cup a day and once my samples run out, I'll buy a box of decaf and a box of some specialty cups (latte/mocha/cappuccino) and use those sparingly. That's the plan.
I'm enjoying my mother's day gift for the 2nd time today.
Let's Talk Make-Up
There are certain products I will spend lots of money on. For example, electronics and in most cases work clothes and a girl needs nice jackets. However, I always go cheap on make-up. I've never met a person who has looked at my face and asked, "Is that Stila, Chanel, Cle de Peau Beaute, or Bobbi Brown you are wearing?" So, who cares? Since we are talking brands and all, you should know my skin is not sensitive and usually does well with Cover Girl or Maybelline. If we are really being honest with each other, the cheapest brand that is currently in my cosmetic bag is a Wet N' Wild eyeliner. I've had this baby forever and it's finally dwindling down to a stub of a pencil. That's the best 99 cents, I've ever spent!
You know it's time for a new eye liner when it starts to disappear...
I've been busy writing thank you notes... 
If you haven't received a card, it's because you didn't give Dakota a gift. That would be awkward thanking you for something you didn't give. Am I right? Another reason you haven't received a card yet, is because I want to personally hand it to you. My biggest fear is forgetting someone who did give Dakota a gift. I hope I didn't miss anyone.
My goal is to write all the thank you notes for all of the baby shower gifts
I'm almost out of my favorite seasoning. I guess, it's just a good excuse to eat at the melting pot again and while I'm there, I can buy more seasoning.
I'm Almost Out of My Favorite Seasoning
I'm The Best
This is what I made myself on Mother's Day; scrambled eggs with bacon bits, spinach and strawberries. Meanwhile, my girlfriends were tweeting and FaceBooking, My husband made me breakfast in bed, I'm so lucky. I was eating my food and reading those messages, thinking -- MUST BE NICE! Not really, but it may have crossed my mind. I told Trey in a whiny voice - "You didn't make me breakfast in bed." And then I remembered the man doesn't cook and I got over it.
My Mother's Day Breakfast, That I Made
Last Sunday, I was asked to play bass guitar again. There is a chance I may play one more time before I give birth to Dakota. Not, this Sunday, but the following is when they need me to fill-in.
Rockin' Da Bass This Morning
If You Can Walk, You Can Clean 
The other night, after dinner, I handed Chey a damp towel and told her to start wiping down surfaces. She cleaned the table, fridge and chairs. And now you know the real reason why Trey and I procreate; free maid service. I can't wait until she can cook!
If you can walk, you can clean

No comments:

Post a Comment