Friday, May 11, 2012

Bins, Trash Bags, String & a Marker is All You Need

Happy Friday! Do you have big plans? For me, it's just like a weeknight, since I have to work tomorrow.

Well, this is a follow-up post to 28 & Feeling Great. In that entry, I talked about organizing Cheyenne's and soon to be Dakota's -- baby clothes and said I'd share that whole process. So, here it is.

This is the walk-in closet, the girls will share. The top level is Chey's and the bottom is Dakota's. This is what you see when you open the closet (pic on the left) and this is what you see when you look to the right (pic on the right). I think Dakota has plenty of diaper bags. Hey, a girl needs to accessorize!
Organizing for Dakota Organizing for Dakota
So, it was real smart of me to hang up all the baby clothes before washing them. I went to college, y'all! Now, I will have to strip them from the hangers and run them through the washer and dryer and hang them again. Who wants to have a laundry party????

Dakota has plenty of clothes, there is still another bag of new clothes that people got her from all the baby showers. I haven't touched that bag yet, but it's on my list of things to do.
Organizing for Dakota
Krista made me these temporary separation tags, until I buy the plastic kind. I dunno, they seem to be doing the trick....
Organizing for Dakota
I could only hang up so many baby clothes for Dakota, so the rest of the clothes are waiting patiently on the floor.
Organizing for Dakota
Now, here is the meat of this whole organizational process. Krista helped me separate the clothes by months and also by seasons. Pretty cool, huh?
Organizing for Dakota
I guess, what I learned, is you don't have to spend a lot of money or get all fancy with containers to organize. Bins, trash bags, string and a marker will do the trick.
Organizing for Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment