Saturday, March 03, 2012

Drake Concert at College Park Center Part 1 of 2

Last night, I took my little sister Tashsa to the Drake Concert at College Park Center, at the University of Texas at Arlington. We met up with Brittany and Artrese. I've been following Artrese on Twitter for a while now, but it was great to finally meet her in real life. All of us have been looking forward to this concert for weeks, now. WEEKS! If you remember, I surprised Tasha with theses tickets and Brittany harassed me to take her. She didn't have to harass me, I love hanging out with that girl -- she's crazy-fun to be around.
Drake Concert
Before the concert, I called the staff at College Park and asked if I could take my DSLR camera to take photos and  they said, no. That answer didn't surprise me, but I figured I'd rather find out beforehand, than show up with my Canon and be turned away. They only allow point and shoot cameras, so I used my phone and a SonyCyber Shot. Unfortunately, I left the USB cord at work, so I'll have to wait until I get the Sony cord to download the rest of my pictures.  This is the lobby area of College Park -- being around all the college students made me feel young again. Ha!

The concert was great! I didn't realize this, but this was Tasha's first big concert. She was blown away with the stage lights and monitors. Here is a recording, I captured this clip during the show.

I feel like I mainly go to concerts when I'm pregnant. When I was pregnant with Cheyenne I went to a Jay-Z/Mary J Blige Concert and a few weeks later I went to a Radiohead Concert. I guess, it was Dakota's turn to experience a show. She was kicking me all night long. It must've been the bass.
Drake Concert
Drake put on a show, singing so many songs. I was actually surprised how long his set lasted. The concert ended around 11 pm. Tasha and I had a late dinner or early breakfast (depends how you look at it), at Waffle House. By the time I got to bed it was after 1 am. Whew, I was exhausted! I'm still tired.
Drake Concert
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, we spent the day visiting with my mom, Angleica, Bella, and Tasha before they left town. We went shopping and stopped at the food court to enjoy lunch and frozen yogurt.
Yogurt at the Mall
My perfume is almost out, so I'm in the fragrance market. I like this Victoria Secret Body mist. What type of perfume do you wear? I wear Curve for Women.
Pink Fragarence

No comments:

Post a Comment