Friday, January 20, 2012

Ballerina Twirls Can Be Dangerous & My Home Elliptical Set-up

Earlier this week, Cheyenne had her first ballet class. I left work early, hoping to see her dance, but between traffic and taking the wrong exit (pregnancy brain spasm), I missed it. As I walked into her class, they were dismissing. Boo!!!!!

From what I can tell, Cheyenne loved it. When we got home she was showing Trey her ballet moves. She twirled and hit her head on a cabinet. What a dangerous sport, ha!

This is Chey hugging her BFF Brianna. Doesn't this look like a photo greeting card?
First Day of Ballet
After class, I tried snapping some photos, but Chey was running all over the place. Be still ballerina, I'm trying to capture memories!
First Day of Ballet
She paused for a moment.
First Day of Ballet
My Home Elliptical Set-up
This week, my elliptical has been receiving more attention than I would like to give it. Trey decided to go to the gym several times this week, which means I've had to cut my morning runs short. The thing about being a responsible parent is that someone has to watch the child, even if she is sleeping. Yeah, I know!

This is my current, elliptical set-up.
My Elliptical Set-up
It has wheels in the front, so it's easy to maneuver. When we have guest over, I can easily transfer it to the guest bedroom or position it right in front of the TV. I like it in this location, but this is where my treadmill use to be. Here comes the tears. Wait for it....(tears). I miss my treadmill so much!!! It's still out of service and will be until I pay for a pricey replacement part. Every time I see it in the garage it makes me sad.

This is my point of view, kind of offset from the TV, but still not bad. This morning, I watched an episode of Whitney.
My Elliptical Set-up
I use a bar stool as my holding station. 
Some of my Winter Run Gear
(Back tracking) First thing this morning, I went for a run and got a text from Trey, saying "I'm ready to go to the gym." -- That was my cue to end my run and high tail it home. I only ran 3 miles and I was hoping to run at least 4, so Trey agreed to let me run one more mile (brownie points), before leaving. If my treadmill was in service, this wouldn't even be an issue. When I got home, I put my run/winter gear on this stool. I like having the remote and my phone nearby.

Elliptical flashback to 2008. I was about 5 months pregnant with Cheyenne. Our dinning room was bare. This was before we got a table and blinds.
5 months pregnant with Cheyenne
What is everyone doing this weekend? 
We don't have much planned. It's looking like another weekend, like last week. We'll just play it by ear and we'll see what's in store for us. I think Trey plans on working on his truck. I would like to sit on the sofa the majority of the weekend and do nothing. What? I'm just being honest.

P.S. Drake Concert 
After Tasha read yesterdays blog post, she called me and she was "crying with excitement." I'll take that. In case you missed it, I surprised Tasha with tickets to a Drake concert. Here is the post: I Want to See Tears!!!!!

1 comment: