Sunday, July 13, 2008

Guitar Shopping & Cross Training

Friday night Johnny and JoNell paid us a visit. They stayed at our house and we went out for ice cream that night. We went to Braum's Trey's latest favorite place. It was good to finally have them over.
Saturday we spent the day at several guitar shops. Trey wasn't shopping for a guitar, no he already has three, he better not be shopping for a new one. Johnny was looking for an acoustic and found this one at Guitar Center.


While the guys were browsing at Guitar Center, JoNell and I walked the same shopping strip and found a used exercise equipment store. I'm always looking for a deal and I found this Ironman elliptical on sale for $149 --- normally retailed for $499!

"The Runner" with an elliptical, I know. Trey even questioned me just to make sure I wouldn't have buyers remorse. Originally, I wanted a treadmill (and still do), but I can't find one at the right price and quality. The last thing I want to do is purchase a cheap poorly designed treadmill that will only become an eye sore.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this elliptical purchase. I have not been this excited about fitness, since I started running. And since Saturday, I've used it twice. It's really the perfect size for home use. It has a built in computer that monitors time, speed, calories, distance, heart rate, pulse, etc. It even has about 10 preset programs as well as manual drive.

My mom is a big fan of the elliptical and now when she comes over I know she'll jump right on. Trey even said he'll give it a try.

I'm still committed to running, but this is a wonderful form of cross training, especially now that I'm pregnant. But this coming week I will try very very hard to pull myself away from the new toy and enjoy outdoor running......

No comments:

Post a Comment