Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving in Abilene 2011

We spent our Thanksgiving with Family in Abilene. Wednesday evening, we hit the road and faced bad traffic in Weatherford. We were hoping to have dinner with family, but the traffic held us up, so we just got food on the road. I want to say, we were on the road for three hours. I took this picture when our side of the road, cleared up, however you can see how bad the oncoming traffic is. That's what we had to deal with too.
Thanksgiving Traffic I-20
Cheyenne was watching Tangled on my phone, Trey was listening to talk radio, so I entertained myself, by taking pictures of the car stereo. I should've conserved my camera battery because now it's dead and I forgot my extra pack and I have no charger. A photographers worst nightmare! I still managed to take a few photos on Thanksgiving. 
Crazy Car Lights
We are so blessed, we had two Thanksgiving meals. One meal from Trey's side of the family and another from my side. Here is my Mom busy in the kitchen. Frank and my Mom, recently bought this new house. They also announced they have set a date to get married. It'll be spring 2012. EXCITING! I know a photographer and videographer....Family Discount = free. 
Thanksgiving 2011
Chey was my personal taste tester. I stirred. She tasted. We made a killer jello chocolate pie.  
Thanksgiving 2011
It's a Kraft Recipe. Here it is, if you are interested in making it yourself. Super-Easy and kid friendly. And for the record my photo looks better than Kraft's. Boom!
Thanksgiving 2011
Hilario and Bella were patiently waiting to eat. Notice the Cowboy Jersey. Represent!
Thanksgiving 2011
 Did anyone brave the Black Friday crowds? I did! I didn't do the 10 pm/midnight shopping. Actually, I'm not a fan. What is that --- a new thing? It's like opening all your Christmas presents on Christmas Eve, it just takes all the special out of Christmas Day. Do you know what I mean? Maybe it's a good thing, I don't know. All the die-hards were in bed by the time I got going, so maybe it was a good thing. Actually, the crowds were reasonable. Really.

Trey's mom and I started our morning with H-E-B coffee and La Popular breakfast burritos. Our first stop was Shoe Carnival and later we hit up the following stores: TJ Maxx, Old Navy, and Wal-Mart.
Notice how Mom and Nanny are matching....They said they didn't plan it....sure. Shopping Twins!
 Black Friday Shopping
Around lunch time, I met up with the Trey and the rest of the guys. We ended up going to Game Stop, an instrument store and several pawn shops. The guys found a great deal on an electric guitar. I'm glad they found a deal, but for the most part, I think Pawn Shops are a rip off. Check out this old Apple iBook for $250. C'mon now, this is worth maybe $50 bucks. I would know, I have the same computer at home.
Why Pawn Shops are Lame
Cheyenne's first Black Friday. Today, all she kept saying was, "I want that. I want that." So, I can basically get her any toy and she'll be happy. In this photo she was holding a DS Nintendo Dora the Explorer game. While she was with me I did some of her Christmas shopping. Nana distracted her, while Trey and I bought her presents and took them to the car. We're so sneaky.
 Black Friday Shopping/Puppy Eyes
Okay, it's time to hit the bed. I've been awake since 5 am. I've been on my feet. I even went for a 6 mile run this afternoon. Oh, and afterwards -- Chey joined me for a cool down. She ran and walked about 0.75 miles. I think someone is almost ready for a 1 mile fun run!!!! Speaking of running  --- Thanksgiving morning, I met up Sherri and a few Abilene Runners Club folks. We had our own little Turkey Trot.

Here is the most recent photo I have of Sherri. This was at Palo Duro 50K.
2011 Palo Duro 50K Trail Race
I ran 8 miles. For the first 3 miles Sherri forgot I was pregnant and we were running a 9 min. pace. I wasn't dying, but I wasn't having the time of my running life either. Sherri and her friend did most of the talking for the first few minutes, they probably thought wow, Dom is a great listener. Haha! Later, Sherri told me she felt bad for pushing the pace, because she remembered I was expecting. I was fine. The remaining miles were at a more relaxed/easy pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment