Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fort Worth Zoo Run 10K

Distance: 10K (6.2 miles)
Duration: 52:35
Average Pace Per Mile: 8:29
Age Group: Placed 5th out of 93 Women
Overall Women: Finished at 42 out of 417
Overall Place. Male & Female: 178 out of 771 chipped-timed participants
Note: Next year, I'm going to train and compete to place in the top 3 of my age group. Hold me to it, blog friends.

Look who I ran into, Bailey and Todd. It seems like every other race I run, I see Todd. It was nice chatting with his whole family.
Post Race Picture with Bailey and Todd
I have no idea why, but Cheyenne was terrified of the Panda. Poor thing.
Scared of the Panda
I got a goody bag and post race snacks. Well, Chey tore it up. First she found my treat bag and after she inhaled that, she went after my post-race fruit.
Post Race Snacks
After I ran the 10K, I stuck around to see the 5K runners start.
Spectating the 5K Race
A picture of us, right before we left the race. It was so sweet running to the finish line and seeing Cheyenne waving at me and saying mama. Sooooo SWEET. It was also great seeing seeing Trey out there. Last year, he didn't spectate because of the weather.
Post 10K Picture
After the race, we met up with my Mom and Frank. We spent the entire day with them. Lunch at Chuy's, shopping at The Trader's Village, and we finally made our way to Central Market. Oh, and they got me this lovely post-race/birthday treat from the Swiss Pastry Bakery. Thanks! BTW my birthday is at the end of the month. Happy early birthday to me!
Post Race Treat
If you are interested, here is the blog entry on the Zoo Run 10K Race, that I ran last year. Good news, I'm progressing. I have potential for next year, that's for sure. Oh yeah, and those hills didn't get any smaller, they were still huge this time around.
Click here for the blog entry

No comments:

Post a Comment