Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pulling Them Weeds & Watching My Garden Grow

I spent the evening pulling weeds. Now, I feel sticky and itchy. Ewww.
Here is the trash bin full of weeds. 
Trash full of weeds
Our backyard is so blah. blah. bland. We need our landscape architect, Steve to work his magic. Gosh, we need trees, bushes, plants, flowers, something! But really, you should've seen it before I pulled up all the tree sized weeds, it was bad...y'all! 
Backyard
The vegetable garden is looking good. I even have some onions that should be ready to pull in a few weeks.
Vegetable Garden
Here is the herb side of the garden. To the top left, I planted more cilantro and then I noticed last years started to come back to life. If you zoom in on this picture you can see random buds throughout.
herb garden
The tomatoes are budding. 
Tomatoes
Here is another tomato plant. These babies already look 10x's healthier than last year's batch and as I recall, I couldn't even eat those! They never turned red. This year will be different. 
Tomatoes
I'm not sure what happened here. I don't spray chemicals on the plants and for the most part the hungry bugs stay away. This is the first time, I've seen anything like this. 
Tomato
Hot Peppers. 
Peppers
Another pepper plant. 
Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment