Friday, April 16, 2010

Apples of Gold: Sowing Seeds of Kindness

Last night's AOG topic was on kindness. It got me thinking about my attitude and behavior towards others. I feel more aware and challenged to be more kind.


Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12

As a parting gift, we received this basket, a metal plate (this is the day the Lord has made),  flower seeds, and a keepsake book.
Sowing Seeds of Kindness
Here is the keepsake book.
Sowing Seeds of Kindness
I love all the embellished details. Beautiful. I can't believe someone took the time to make this...I really appreciate it.
Sowing Seeds of Kindness
Food Demonstration: Old Fashioned Apple Crisps
This was the first cooking/baking demonstration we've had and it was more interactive than I expected. We gathered around the island, sliced apples, and tossed them with the dry ingredients. Our host, Faye, gave us helpful tips and showed us a few kitchen gadgets. Nutmeg grater was one of them. I'm glad we made this desert because I never would've made this on my own. If you want some, stop by my house, I have plenty to go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment