Thursday, April 09, 2009

It Took a Long Time Getting Here

Ever since I returned back to work, I’ve settled on working out on weekends. It wasn’t until this week, I attempted to do the impossible, work out during the work week. I managed to pull this off, Monday and Wednesday evening.

Cheyenne consistently goes to bed at a certain time, so I think I’ll be able to keep it up. This week, I've been on the elliptical, which is a nice change. I moved the machine back in the dining area, so I can watch TV and visit with Trey. That elliptical has been in every room of our house, but I use it more often when it's the dinning area.

On a side note, I’m really proud of Trey. He’s decided to take it easy on eating out, for lunch. Instead of eating out, he’s been brown bagging it. This week he’s been eating Kraft’s South Beach Diet wraps. I haven’t tried them, but he seems to really enjoy them.

I prefer to take my lunch and I typically brown bag leftovers. If we don’t have leftovers, then I might make a sandwich or rice and beans and top it with veggies. They are both fast and nutritional.

Yesterday, Trey asked what I thought a good snack food would be, to take to work and I suggested bananas. Bananas are great because you don’t have to refrigerate, you don’t need utensils, they are portable, super affordable, and most of all they are nutritional. He seemed open to the idea, but I think he would prefer something else. Any ideas? He works in the field, so he does not have access to a kitchen.

Lately, my favorite snacks have been Yoplait Whips yogurt and bananas. Mmmm. I think it’s yogurt time.

1 comment:

  1. has he tried any of the 100 calorie pack snacks? There are tons of them in every variety. Lately my favorite are from fig newton and they are real fruit in a cruchy shell almost like a breakfast bar but crunchy. Also, Mike suggests any type of cereal. One serving of it is still a lot healthier than any type candy bar or anything from a fast food place. Mike usually takes cheerios.

    ReplyDelete