Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Where's the Bridge?

It's starting to sink in, that in less than 2 weeks, I will be in Las Vegas. This month, I've been mentally preparing myself for the trip.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to grow professionally, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I'm ready to be away from Cheyenne. My biggest fear---I'm scared that when I come back, she may not recognize me. It may sound crazy to you, but that's how I feel.

On top of dealing with leaving her, I have to consider travel while lactating. Everyone says a baby can tie you down, but nursing gives that phrase a whole new meaning. Now consider nursing while traveling without baby and it might be enough to throw a mom over the edge. Where's the bridge?

My travel arrangements call for a flight, so I called the airline and also referred to TSA regulations for traveling with liquids. After looking into it, I feel a little better.

I know Cheyenne will be fine. She'll be in good hands. Trey is really looking forward to their time together.

1 comment: