Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fresh Produce is Here

Remember way back when, I mentioned supporting local farmers through a Co-op program in my neighborhood. Well, they finally called me to pick up my order. I thought it was going to have to take the sample box, which would be more like a surprise box, but instead owner let me request specific produce. I got a variety of fresh apples, grapes, bananas, tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes, spinach etc. I even got some fresh eggs and their huge!

Trey is the one who picked up the order. Apparently, the pickup location is at this ladies house a few miles from our house, kind of in the country.

Out of all the food I purchased, just about the only thing Trey will eat is the potatoes and eggs and maybe the apples and bananas. So, it looks like, I'll be eating a lot of produce in the week to come. Last night, I made a taco salad and loaded it with mixed greens. Yummy. And this morning I had a fruit salad and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment