Thursday, November 13, 2008

On Tonight's Agenda, Working From Home

I brought work home with me tonight. It was unavoidable. Apparently, students are counting on this DVD Video Lecture and I got to get it done. It's nothing I procrastinated on, it was a technical problem with our DVD Hard Drive. So, now I'm sitting in the kitchen with the laptop encoding this DVD in the background.

I'm also working on my desktop computer, from home, even though my desktop is technically at work---all the way in Arlington. I set-up my laptop to where I can be anywhere and have remote desktop/screen sharing to my desktop/work computer and also directly connect to it. This evening was the first time I had a chance to really put it to use and I have to say it makes my job a little easier, since I technically have two computers working simultaneously. Double Duty.

So, I'm encoding on my laptop and encoding on my desktop. Every hour I log in to check on the status and so far it seems to be making progress. I just don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and have to re-encode.

No comments:

Post a Comment