Thursday, November 20, 2008

5 miles, Produces Mild Contractions

Yesterday, I treated myself to dinner at Central Market. The main purpose for going was to purchase more Raspberry Leaf tea. It’s a tea Elizabeth introduced me to. It helps tone the uterus and ultimately, help with labor (I'll find out soon enough).

So, after dinner and drinking tea, not to mention, indulging in M&M’s, I jumped on the treadmill. I never thought I’d still be able to run this far along in pregnancy, but I managed to go for 1 mile, at a moderate pace. The remaining workout was a brisk walk.

About an hour later, I felt mild contractions. It was very exciting! They were a little painful, but I laughed through them. Trey encouraged me to get a good nights rest, just in case I was about to go into true labor. I agreed and slept through the night, not feeling anymore pain. I’m just praying my water breaks on its own, so there will be no question as to when it’s time to make my way to the hospital, but I hear only 15% of women’s water will break naturally.

Today, I plan on working on a video project, logging at least 2 miles, tidying up the house, and who knows maybe I can squeeze giving birth in my schedule too. It would be nice to have a weekend baby. I know a few people in the family who would love that. I'm doing my part to work on it, Cheyenne has to meet me the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment