Monday, February 03, 2014

Birth Photography - This Was AMAZING to Witness!

My friend Amanda invited me to document the birth of her third son, Elijah Mack. This happened Saturday. Actually, her water broke, Friday night - while she was watching my girls. She called and said, Drew is staying at home with the girls and I'm driving myself to the hospital. She didn't think it was anything, actually she wasn't even sure her water broke. Hours after I got my girls, Amanda was admitted in the hospital. The next day around 1 pm, I made my way to the hospital and sometime around 3, she gave birth to Mack.
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
I was excited to be part of such a special day. That's Drew, her husband.
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
Trey tagged along for an hour just to say hi and…
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
To pick on her #longhorns
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
Amanda's taking 1.5 months off for maternity-leave, but she plans on continuing to watch the girls after her time off. Chey and Dakota are going to miss her, I'm going to miss her!
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
Saturday, around 2 pm I went home and shortly after I got settled, Amanda texted me and said IT's TIME! SPEED WOMAN!
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments\
I walked in right before the doctor walked in the labor and delivery room, I had maybe 5 minutes to spare, before Amanda started pushing!
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
This was the first moment, she held Elijah Mack. They call him by his middle name, Mack. This was such an incredible moment!
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
I love this image of the nurse holding his cap up to the warmer before placing it on his head.
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
Mack was delivered about 4 weeks early. At birth, he weighed 4 lbs 8 oz
tiny, but pretty healthy.
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments
Skin to Skin with momma, probably the most amazing feeling - if you have ever done this, it is honestly an incredible bonding moment. You have to experience it! Newborn baby skin is the best.
Documenting Elijah Mack's First Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment