Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Road Marathon or Trail Race? Decision Made

For the past week, I've been debating whether or not to register for Dallas Marathon. Originally, I planned to -- but the more I think about it, the more I don't want to pay the $130 registration fee. I might change my mind later, (suck up the cost) and register last minute. For now, my big fall race will be Rockledge Rumble 50K (31 miles). It's a trail race located in Grapevine on the North Shore. The registration fee was $80, not bad for a well supported trail race. I've had my eyes on this race for about 3 years.

A few years ago, I ran the North Shore trail. I wouldn't say it's technical, but there are tree roots everywhere and lots of opportunities to face plant. Even though, I wouldn't consider this trail technical, the distance WILL be a challenge. The furthest distance I've ran at one time, this year was back in July, when I ran Rough Creek (22 miles). What's another 9 miles? Actually, from what I've read from past Rockledge race reviews, the race covers 33 miles, not 31 like advertised. The race is a few weeks away, so it looks like I'll be running a few +18 mile long runs the next few weekends.
     Northshore Trail Running

No comments:

Post a Comment