Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Quick On-The-Go Snack & Food I Steal From my Baby

I made this Banana Almond Chia bars recipe, yesterday and it was delicious. My mornings are hella busy and I usually eat fruit in my car and later I'll eat breakfast at my desk. My office breakfast usually consists of 3 hard boiled eggs and cold sweet potatoes. Something I can eat fast while answering emails.

If you are looking for a fast snack to eat in the morning this is it! It also pairs nicely with coffee.

Banana Almond Chia bars Ingredients:
I had most of these ingredients in my pantry...
1 cup almond flour
1.5 cups vanilla egg protein powder (I used whey protein powder...got it at Sprout's)
4 tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shavings
1/2 tsp baking powder and baking soda
1 large mashed banana (Next time I will use THREE)
1/4 cup nut butter (I used sunflower) 2 whole eggs
1 egg white
2 tbsp wildflower honey (I used regular honey)
1/2 tsp. coconut extract (I used vanilla)
  Here is the full recipe with directions.
  Untitled
Speaking of food...Dakota likes whole grain pasta (no sauce).
Untitled
While she's eating that, I'm busy stealing her baby puree. When I don't have time to make homemade baby food, I give her puree packs, like this...The coconut flavor is my favorite. BTW this was my lunch Saturday. I had two photography events that day and there were around the lunch hour. Don't worry, I made up for the calories later that night with several helpings of brownies.
Untitled
Alright, that's all I have for today. Bye!
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment