Thursday, February 07, 2013

Change is Constant (Childcare)

So, with a new year, comes change. My friend from church has been watching my girls since I returned back to work after having Dakota -- It's been about five months. Well, her and her husband are expecting a baby. Congratulations to them! She wants to stay at home with her three children and no longer work. When she told me the news, I was dreading looking for someone else to watch the girls, but I understand her wanting to stay at home. I get it.

I immediately started asking to see if any of my friends were interested in watching my girls. My selection pool was slim and none of my stay-at-home mommy friends were interested in a full-time childcare gig. I reached out to Erin and asked for her help. Initially, I begged her to move back to Ft. Worth, but that didn't go over too well. She did the next best thing and got me in contact with Amanda.

Amanda is a stay-at-home mom and photographer. She worked at the school Cheyenne attended, when Erin was watching her. Amanda has two boys. Her oldest is 4 years old (a day older or younger than Cheyenne (I can't remember)) and her youngest son is 1 (I think). She started watching my girls last Friday and Chey has been talking non-stop about it. I don't blame her -- here is a glimpse of what they have been up to.

The Zoo!
Ft. Worth Zoo Ft. Worth Zoo Ft. Worth Zoo
  Ft. Worth Zoo Ft. Worth Zoo Ft. Worth Zoo
Story time at the library and crafts (pictured with Angelica at my house).
Cheyenne Cheyenne
I want Mrs. Amanda to watch me too! Seriously, can you imagine if you were a kid...
Today, they had picnic at the park.
Picnic at the Park

1 comment: