Tuesday, December 18, 2012

25 Days - I fail & A Broken Promise (actually a few)

Soooo, maybe I got side-tracked with the 25 Days of Christmas - Christmas Activity Cards.

"What's the point of having cards if you just do whatever you feel like?" That's what Trey asked me.  There was one day last week, when I got home at 9 pm and there wasn't time for an activity or there were other times, when the card had on it - make a Christmas ornament and I really didn't feel like it. What I've learned from this is that if we do this next year, I'm going to have all the activities written on scratch paper and we can all pick and choose, instead of sticking to whatever the card says for that date. We like order, but the card system is too rigid. With that being said, we are off the card system and now it's more of a suggestion.

December 16: Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
They were christmas shaped too. How perfect!!!!
Cheyenne
Broken Promise 
Cheyenne and I went shopping for Trey's gift, it was actually on the Christmas Card and on the date that we went. After we went shopping, Chey told Trey what we got him. What makes matters worse is that I took her gift shopping AGAIN, (for Trey) and as soon as we got home, she blurted out what we got him, AGAIN. She promised she wouldn't tell him! What I learned from this experience is that little people can't be trusted with secrets.
She looks so cute, dancing in her ballet shoes, but she can't be trusted with secrets or bathroom doors (see yesterday's blog post). Haha!
Cheyenne Dancing

2 comments:

  1. Did you really make chocolate covered pretzels with Chey wearing a white dress??? How did that work out??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got two drops of chocolate on her dress. It'll wash off, but a change of clothes or an apron would've been a good idea.

      -dom

      Delete