Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ballet School

For the past few months, I've been looking at several ballet companies. Not for me, but wouldn't that be fun?! I've been looking for Cheyenne. After checking out a few places and after several email exchanges with a staff at a particular location, Trey and I have decided to enroll Chey in Ballet School. She'll go once a week for a semester.
Cheyenne's Recital at Texas Ballet Theater
If she likes it (which I think she will) and if we have available funds for tuition, for the following semester -- we'll enroll her again.
(Photo) Cheyenne at ballet camp, this past summer.
Cheyenne's Recital at Texas Ballet Theater
The other day, we went to The Dance Shop which is a ballet specific apparel store.Trey and I bought her a leotard and leg warmers and Trey's parents got her shoes.  Since she was with me, I lied and said the uniform was for her friend Brianna. She said, but Momma, I want stuff too!!!! I told her, I'd put it on the list and maybe she'd get it later. I plan on wrapping the stuff and putting a school print-out with it, so she knows it's for her class. She'll get her gifts, Christmas morning.
Merry Christmas to my favorite ballerina
First Position on Netflix
Speaking of Ballet, the other night I was in bed watching the documentary First Position --- That's when Chey walked into my room and decided she wanted to join me. We cuddled and watched 30 mins of it, before I realized it was past 10 pm. OOPS! I sent her to bed and told her, we would finish the movie another night. If you are looking for something to watch over the holiday season, you should check out the documentary. I already watched the entire movie, it's outstanding and amazing how some of the kids are extremely motivated to get dance scholarships and jobs.
Watching Netflix

2 comments:

  1. I almost started watching that movie. I'll check it out now! I love ballet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete