Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Finding Motivation to Run

Lately, I've been lacking motivation. That voice:
"This is going to be hard. You don't have to do this."

Both times, I just hit go on the treadmill and I GOOO. Yes, it's hard, but afterwards, I feel so good. I think my biggest thing is to continue to make it a habit, like I had been doing before I had Dakota.. Right now, I don't have a training schedule, but my goal is to workout several days of the week, even if I can't run because it's a recovery day or whatever the case, I want to aim for at least a walk, stretch, something....

I went online and went to the be all -- end all -- of inspiration land, Pinterest. How do you find motivation to workout, when you're not feeling it? If you are lacking in the exercise motivational department, maybe these images will help, get you out of that rut.

I have 2 kids, a full time job and a life -- We're all busy.




I thought this was funny. I love doing fartleks, I just don't want to start doing them too soon. I'm going to continue to build my base miles and then slowly introduce some fartlek workouts back into my training.










Scratch out pie and insert warm chocolate chip cookies. 
Source: google.com.au via Busy on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. This is my problem, no motivation!!! I need some ASAP.

    ReplyDelete