Thursday, August 30, 2012

I need more of this in my life

 TRAIL RUNNING!
Trail Running with a stick, to ward off spider webs.
That's the stick I used to ward off pesky spider webs. When other people see me on the trail, they either understand why I carry a stick or they think I'm crazy. People, it's not a weapon, it's protection!

This past weekend, I woke up early -- all excited to run, but I had to wait for the sun. Trail running in the dark, would freak me out. Trey was onboard for being on daddy duty, in case the girls woke up, while I was gone. Chey is super easy in the mornings. Give her cartoons, milk, and dry cereal and she's your best friend. Dakota on the other hand, requires more of a hands on approach. I had saved a bottle of BM for her, in case she woke up while I was gone.

About the trail....
I've missed it and I can't wait to get out there again. I ran 8 slow miles. It was drizzling and it was cool. I kept thinking, the flood gates were going to open, but that was not the case.

This trail run, was my first long run since having baby Dakota, 12 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment