Sunday, May 06, 2012

Still Living Off of Freebies, Rockin' Da Bass & Another Baby Shower

I'm still living off of birthday freebies. I went to La Madeline, Saturday morning and received a free slice of cheesecake. Yes, it's been a week since my birthday, but I'm still celebrating --- Happy Birthday to me.
IMG_6729
While I was there, I figured I'd dine-in and try their breakfast. Trey was sleeping in and Cheyenne didn't feel like going, so I had some quite time by myself. I'm the perfect date :)

The food was delicious.
Saturday Morning Breakfast Treat
This morning I had an early wake-up call. I had to get to church really early for band practice. The guy who normally plays bass guitar had to work and the worship leader asked if I could fill-in. I was happy to help.

The band sounds great -- they play together often, I on the other hand sounded really rusty during practice. After we were done, I stuck around for a few minters and worked with the worship leader on some of the songs  --- that really helped because I sounded 10x's better during the service. Did you know I've played bass for more than 13 years, but I've never owned a bass guitar? True Story.

Dakota was kicking and moving like crazy while I was playing. I think it was all the noise and vibration.

Immediately after the church service, we went to Dakota's baby shower, hosted by Erin. It was another diapers, wipes and gift card party. We are blessed. Thank you, church family! 
IMG_6732
The rest of the afternoon, I made myself relax. I sat on the sofa and didn't move for an hour. Then Trey wanted to go to Subway for dinner. We ate there as a family for only $9 dollars. Trey and I each got a sandwich, drink and chips -- Chey even got a sandwich. The cashier gave us the hook-up, I mean all that for $9 bucks . That seems to be a trend, lately. HEY, I'm not complaining. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, people feel it's necessary to feed me and give me food deals. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment