Monday, May 21, 2012

Prenatal Appointment & Our Bags Are Packed

Today, I had another prenatal appointment. I don't have any major changes from last week. The only difference is, I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 70/80% effaced. If you are keeping tabs, last week I was 1 cm and 50% effaced. The Braxton Hicks contractions have really calmed down, since last weekend. THANK GOODNESS!

I told my doctor about my little sisters high school graduation ceremony, which is scheduled for this weekend. I asked her if she thought it was ok for me to travel to Abilene and she said absolutely not. She does not want me traveling, even though I explained it would be a day trip, back and forth, she said NO.
Natasha's Senior Portraits.  Natasha's Senior Portraits
This evening, I shared the news with Tasha. She was so upset. I feel TERRIBLE! I'm going to miss my little sisters high school graduation!!!!! If you ask me, I don't think Dakota is going to arrive on or before Saturday, especially since I did this ------ I packed my hospital bags. Lots of PJs and loose fitting clothes. I decided to use these bags because I don't want to take any of my nice luggage or backpacks to a hospital.
IMG_7809
Look who else has a bag packed, Dakota. I tried to delay packing bags, long enough. Now, we are patiently waiting.
IMG_7801
Real quick, I just want to say I'm thankful for the workers at Sams Club. I didn't have to load this water in my cart or in my car. I drink filtered water from the fridge, but I get bottled water for Trey, so he can stay hydrated at work. Last week, I made the mistake of picking up this water case and I was in some serious pain. So, this week, I asked for help. People are willing to help, when you are pregnant, yay for that!
IMG_7800
Speaking of hydration...
These girls were staying hydrated while playing outside. Thanks Krista for watching Cheyenne, while I went to my appointment, today. Oh, while I was at the office getting my blood pressure checked, the office assistant told my doctor, "they" need you for a delivery. I had to wait 30 extra minutes, so she could run across the street, deliver the baby and then come back to the office. So, I'm thankful Chey was not with me for my 2.5 hour appointment. I'm also thankful I took Dakota's Baby Book with me. I got a head start on that.
Cheyenne and Makena Playing

No comments:

Post a Comment