Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Backyard Garden

My girl, likes dirt. She likes digging in the garden and getting her nails full of mud. She doesn't get that from me. I hate when my hands get dirty.

I don't mind her playing in the backyard, but I need to call Pest Control so they can spray for wasps. The wasps like creating nests in the backyard. I've seen several nests already. I've never been stung by one, but last year, I stepped on a dead wasp and it stung the hell out of my foot. I can't imagine what a live bug sting feels like.
Cheyenne helping me with the Garden
How do you pair herbs with food? I love mixing herbs in chicken, pork, beef, veggies, and salad bowls. It's wonderful having easy access to fresh herbs. It makes food tastes so much better. This season, I mainly planted herbs because to me, it's low maintenance compared to a veggie garden.
The Princess Can Get her Nails Dirty
However, I did plant 3 small tomato plants. The little tomato cherries are starting to grow.
Little tomatoes from my Garden
And here are the banana peppers. I guess they are done. I should pull them before bugs or birds get to them first.
Banana Pepper in my Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment