Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Keurig Vue is My Mother's Day Gift

Happy Mother's Day! 
It's too early, for me to start calling the important women of my life, but I will call them later. Trey and I already sent out Mother's Day cards and bought gifts for our mom's. It feels good, not waiting until the last minute.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Beauty of a Machine
For several weeks, Trey has tried to convince me that I need a Keruig Machine. "Soon, you will have Dakota and you will be so busy, you won't have time to clean a coffee machine every morning." (I think it's more like, I don't want to, even now). I'm pretty sure Trey missed his calling as a salesman. He's sooooo convincing! Am I right? Although, Trey is not a coffee drinker, he is a hot cocoa lover and the KM makes hot cocoa, so he benefits from this kitchen appliance too.

So, if you've been living under a rock and don't know what a KM is, it's a single serving brewing coffee system. I kept saying no, no, no to Trey even with his valid selling points, but when I saw the new Vue Model, I could no longer resist. I'm glad I waited because this has some COOL features.
My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue
Before we were considering the popular B70 Keurig. It's still a great machine, but the Vue has some new features.
                My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue
Here is how the Vue compares to the popular B70 Keurig:
- The Vue has a Touch Screen
- Holds more water
- Has a smarter pump: different water pressure based on drink type....
- It makes specialty cafe drinks like ice coffee, lattes and hot or cold teas. It even makes frothy beverages! (that was a major selling point for me)
- Option to choose the type of beverage
- Option to brew a stronger cup of coffee
- Makes larger quantities at one time, up to 18 oz of coffee
- The Vue (cups) are recyclable 

Like the B70 it's also programmable and you can set the temperature. 
My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue
Cons: 
- I was disappointed to learn you can't use K cups, you have to use Vue specific cups. That is such a bummer because Trey's Mom has a lot of K cups, she was going to give me, if I ever bought a B70 model.
- As of today, Keurig does not sell the reusable coffee adapter. The adapter sold for the other KM models, gives you the option to use regular ground coffee, instead of cups ---- Which in my opinion is a huge $$$$ saver. The demand for the adapter is there, so I hope Keurig will start selling the adapters SOON. 
My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue
I've decided my Keurig's home will be here in the corner of the kitchen, near the pantry. What a beauty! The first cup I made was a latte. Mmm, FROTH!
My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue
My favorite coffee container is a 16 oz Starbucks travel mug. But guess what??????  My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue
It's too tall to fit the KM!!!!!
My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue
I could stick the mug under there and have it hover like in the above picture, but that's probably not ideal. Trey suggested buying a prop. He's so smart! In the meantime, I  can use this tin. Instead of buying something, I should just have Trey make me a custom prop. Yeah, let's add that one to the honey do-list. I may be waiting a year for it. Mother's Day gift for next year?????
My Mother's Day Gift, Keurig Vue
So, that's my Mother's Day gift from my family. I love it! Thank you Trey and Cheyenne!

No comments:

Post a Comment