Sunday, April 01, 2012

I Rolled Up My Sleeves & Jeans

Saturday, I rolled up my sleeves and jeans, put on my old sneakers, and buried my hands in the earth. Springtime means, it's time to get the garden in order....
IMG_5706'
As I've mentioned, my vegetable garden didn't do too well, so this weekend I focused on HERBS! I picked up a few potted plants from Central Market. I like potted more than seeds because they are predictable.  With seeds, I never know how many seeds to plant, in a given area. Potted plants, take most of the guess work out. I prefer it that way. Oh, yeah and I'm impatient.

Welcome to the garden: Basil, Parsely, and Chives -- I'm gonna eat you up!
IMG_5709
At the moment, this is what the space looks like. The cilantro has decided to take off and I'm okay with that. Oh, and my mint, there at the bottom left, is coming back to life. I'm glad I didn't pull the roots out.
IMG_5713
With all these herbs, there is still room on the left side for me to plant something. Soooooooo, even though my veggie garden failed miserably, last season -- I think I'm going to give it another try this season. I'm not going to go crazy on the veggies, but I'll plant a few. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment