Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Presentation is Everything

As much as I'd like to take credit for this I can't. I saw this posted on another blog and I loved the idea of a mason jar contained salad. Here is my take on it. Sure, you can put the salad contents in a plastic container, but look how pretty it looks in a jar. Presentation is EVERYTHING!

I saw a lot of Pinterest pictures of people using the Kerr brand jars, so this weekend I went in search of them. Yeah, those babies are kind of pricey. The cheap-skate in me went home, dug through my fridge hoping I'd find something in a jar that had expired. SCORE! After a scolding hot rinse, I had a clean/re-usuable -- "great value" (pun intended) jar. I'm so green. If I have enough jars I can make about 3 salads at a time, in separate containers. Yes, a TIME SAVER. It's time to purge the fridge again and see what else it rotting in there.
Fresh Salad
In the future, I'll make sure to reverse the order of ingredients. The tomatoes should've been on the bottom and spinach at the top. You can add other ingredients later, when you are ready to serve, like fresh fruit, avocados and don't forget about the dressing. I prefer making my own dressing, Oil/Vinaigrette/Lime, but lately, I've been skipping the dressing all together and going with Louisiana Hot Sauce. The ingredients are Aged peppers, vinegar, and salt <-------that's it. 
Fresh Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment