Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter Gardening in Texas

But first a quick update on Cheyenne:
She woke up feeling much better. Actually, she was awake at 4 am requesting cartoons. So, yes -- she's doing fine. I made it to work on time and she made it school and ballet.
Sick at Home
Now, I'm the one who feels a little under the weather. My head has been throbbing since I got to work. Sinus pressure is annoying.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Winter Gardening in Texas
One thing I didn't think I'd be talking about mid-Januray is gardening, but hey I'm doing just that...
It seems as though my herb garden is thriving, even though I rarely water it. We haven't really had a harsh winter, so that probably explains why the cilantro is still alive. Here recently, it's felt like spring. Check out my dead basil in the very back. I'm not sure if I should uproot it or leave it, you know in case it comes back to life in the spring....Anyone know this? I'm too lazy to google the answer.
Some dead herbs, but mostly still thriving
Skinny Rosemary plant.
Rosemary
Oregano. I need a bigger plant, it's hard to cut these short leaves because they all bunch together.
Oregano
Here is the other side of the garden bed. It's bare and lonely.
Pulled Everything
It's been months, since I bought cilantro from the grocery store. It's nice to go outside and pluck as much as I want, when I need it.
Cilantro Growing in Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment