Monday, January 23, 2012

Don't Be Impressed with My Stitchwork

For weeks, my running tights have been ripped. I've been wearing them like this (this is a better pic of the rip)...I only have this one pair of full length tights and I don't have the cash to replace them anytime soon, so I worked my sewing magic.  Me sewing? Yeah, sure....I did a simple hand stitch. We'll see how this patch work holds up, wash after wash. Have you guys priced run tights? They are crazy expensive. A good pair can cost $80 - $110. I've owned this pair for several years.
IMG_4651
The finished product.
At least my muffin top won't be oozing out anymore. What I like about these tights is they also double as compression tights, even more so -- since I've gained pregnancy weight.
IMG_4658
While I was working , this monkey face ran up to me and made me smile.
Monkey Face
FEVER
And today, this is how she looked.
Feeling Down with Sickness
Big difference! She started to come down with a fever this afternoon and I'm almost certain it's tooth related. At first she complained her right cheek was hurting and that's when I felt her face and she was burning up. I stuck my finger in her mouth and felt her gums, in the very back of her mouth and she said it hurt.

She went to bed at 7 pm. I hope she sleeps the fever off and is back to her old self soon. I have a meeting with the Dean tomorrow, so  I don't want to miss work. I'm trying to stockpile all my sick time for when Dakota comes. I'll miss work if I have to. I won't have a choice.

DailyMile Stats
Here is my training from last week. I didn't count my time on the elliptical as mileage, so what you see here is all running. This morning I went to the gym and ran 8 miles on the treadmill. My shins were killing me during the first mile. I don't know what was up with that. It's rare that I have shin splits. Maybe I was going too fast....once I slowed down, it didn't hurt as much.
Workout from Jan 15, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment