Monday, January 30, 2012

A Mess of a Trail

It's been weeks, no MONTHS, since I've ran the trail. Yesterday, we had the most amazing weather -- 60 degrees and sunny. I was craving to run on dirt, so I headed to the trail and this is what greeted me, at the trailhead.....
Muddy Trail
NOOOOOO! The trail was a muddy, swampy, mess. In every direction, this is what I saw. So, I turned around and headed back to beat the road. I got three miles in, but it wasn't as scenic as I had hoped.
           A Mess of a Trail Mud in every direction
This morning Chey and I went grocery shopping. We had SAMs Club all to ourselves. I love taking advantage of the early shopping hours. We were in there two hours before the store opened to the public. That's how we do it. VIP.
How we Shop
I finally purchased a box of diapers for Dakota for 40 bucks! They are newborn, so she will blow thru this load. Ha! How soon can we start potty-training? 
First round of diapers for Dakota
After our shopping trip we headed to the gym. I seem to be making a habit of running 8 miles every Monday. Not a terrible habit, if you ask me. I've been doing that for the last three weeks. Cheyenne joined me for a light .6 mile cool down jog on the indoor track. My goal was to wear her out. Walking would've been fine, but she wanted to "run." 

Here is my training from last week. I think I had three elliptical workouts. The numbers here reflect running. The time reflects elliptical duration. 
DailyMIle Log 01/23/12 - 01/29/12
The rest of the day, I played with Cheyenne. We played school, colored, and baked using her Dora Kitchen. When Chey took her nap, I tried to complete my freelance project, but it looks like I still have a few more hours to go. Next weekend, I WILL finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment