Wednesday, November 09, 2011

This is Hard. I Can't Decide.

I've got some decisions to make....Race Decisions. There are several races coming up and I have not made up my mind if I'm going to register.

Dallas White Rock Marathon
Hmmm -- Well, I've made up my mind about this one.
Pre-pregnancy, I had a feeling I was going to skip this one. WHY? Because after training for Palo Duro, I was burnt out on 3 hour long runs.

2010 Dallas White Rock (4:15:29)
2010 Metro PCS Dallas White Rock Marathon
5K Turkey Trot
This is the race on the front burner. 20 dollars on a Turkey Trot race or 20 dollars to spend on black friday? Or should I be a responsible adult and spend zero $ because it's looking like it might be a tight Christmas....Especially, since my dentist office called and said oh, by the way -- we messed up and it looks like we forgot to bill you for one of the crowns. Bye-Bye hundred dollar bills....and hello emergency fund. At least, I can be thankful for freelance projects coming up in December.

2009 Fort Worth 10K Turkey Trot with Cheyenne in the baby jogger (1:01:15)
IMG_0035
Lake -- Half Marathon
I've ran this race 3 years in a row. I like it because it's the most affordable half marathon you can find in the area. The downfall, is there are not enough aid stations, but that's an easy fix -- handheld water bottle.

2010 Lake Half Marathon (2:02:10) in the freezing cold!
 Half Marathon
Cowtown Marathon
This is a Fort Worth tradition for me...not running it would be like not celebrating Christmas. If I ran Cowtown, the marathon and ultra are not an option --- I'm leaning towards the half marathon. If my calculations are right -- I will be around 6 months pregnant. I'm already carrying extra weight, so thinking about carrying an extra 10 plus pounds or more sounds exhausting. But at the same time I really want to run it. I have got to make up my mind because the first registration deadline is quickly approaching. NEXT WEEK.

2011 Cowtown Ultra Marathon (5:27:24)
At the 2011 Cowtown Expo

No comments:

Post a Comment