Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How to Make the Most Out of a Tight Schedule & Birthday Celebration

I'm on track with my morning workouts, however I'm not racking up the mega miles, like I had hoped. Yes, these days 30 miles is a big deal. Trey has recommitted going to the gym every weekday. That's fantastic news! I know, but that means I'm pressed for time with my morning workouts. This is when having a working treadmill would be nice. Yesterday morning, I only had time to run 2 miles and this morning I squeezed in three miles.

I think I found a strategy to make the most of my run time before Trey heads to the gym. I run as many loops around my neighborhood as I can. One loop equals 1 mile. I love my neighborhood, I may never move. As long as I have a 10 minute window that allows Trey to get to the gym, I'm good. Sometimes he runs late, so if I have 10 minutes to spare and he's not ready to leave I can sprint the road that's right in front of my house (back and forth). He won't have to call me to tell me he's leaving because I will see him and then I know, ok -- it's time to go home. That's what I did this morning and ended up running an extra mile, just waiting for him to leave. I still have extra time to workout indoors before getting ready for work, so the last two days I've rolled out the elliptical and weights. That's how you do it people!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night, the birthday girl wanted to eat Italian food, so we celebrated at Pizza Inn. There pizza is so good and they have so many options on the buffet. Cheyenne loves spagetti more than pizza.

I think she was mad because she had to stop eating for a moment, in order for me to take a photo.
Celebrating Chey's 3rd Birthday at Pizza Inn
Piggy-Back Ride. Oh, me next!
Celebrating Chey's 3rd Birthday at Pizza Inn
Trey bought her an individual size tangled cupcake. We sang happy birthday and put her to bed with a belly full of sugar. Thanksgiving is tomorrow! I know a lot of people are traveling today, so be safe on the road. We'll be on the road too. Off to Abilene. We are looking forward to seeing all of our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment