Thursday, October 20, 2011

The State Fair of Little Rides & Big Food

Last week, we experienced the State Fair for the first time. The fair I'm most familiar with is the Abilene West Texas Fair and Rodeo. So, I was kind of expecting it to be like that, but bigger. It was bigger and I was surprised there was pavement to walk on. Every time I'd go to the Abilene Fair, I'd wear my oldest, dirtiest shoes because I knew they would get covered in dirt.
State Fair of Texas
Does anybody else think Big Tex (or whatever they call him) is super creepy and has really skinny ankles? He's a giant and I'm sure he scares young children.
State Fair of Texas
Riding on the Ferris Wheel. She's not scared of heights.
State Fair of Texas
Family Picture
State Fair of Texas
I've decided I'm over fair food. It's over-priced and usually gross, EXCEPT the funnel cakes -- Yes, those are overpriced BUT they are delicious. These nachos, in the picture below, came back to haunt me. It must have been the fake liquid cheese. Great, now who wants dinner? Ha, sorry.
State Fair of Texas
We bought a lot of tickets and we needed them. Most rides were 3 to 4 dollars per ride.
State Fair of Texas
Cheyenne enjoyed it, so it was worth it, considering it was vacation and all...I guess :)
State Fair of Texas
Okay, totally worth it.
State Fair of Texas
Since the ride was at a stand still, we were simulating our excitement. Whee! Fun! Oh, wait...we're not going anywhere....
The ride, twirled us in circles. I love circle rides. Rides like that make Trey vomit, literally. 
State Fair of Texas
A Big Boy Ride, Trey could handle.
  State Fair of Texas
He had more fun, than the kid behind him. State Fair of Texas
No hand pilot move
State Fair of Texas
We ended our day at the Auto Car Show. This is Cheyenne driving a Camaro. Remember when Trey wanted a Camaro? Not anymore. Thank goodness.
State Fair of Texas
Diner at Red Robins
After an 8 hour day, we decided to leave the fair grounds and have dinner at Red Robins.
I almost flipped out when I saw that they had sweet potato fries on the menu.

Look at us, we're so weird AWESOME!
  Dinner at Red Robins

No comments:

Post a Comment