Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Palo Duro Official Race Results

Distance: 50K (31 miles)
Duration: 5:49:23 (5 hours. 49 minutes. 23 seconds) 
Average Pace Per Mile: 11:15


Age Group Place 
Female Age Group (1-39 yo)
4th out of 16 women Runners 

Overall Place
22nd out of 122 Runners 


Instead of a finishers medal, we received a hat. I'm not much of a cap girl, but the Palo Duro hat is one I worked hard for, so I'll wear it proudly. Plus, it has some cool reflectors on it.

Yesterday afternoon, I went for a run and it was so hard. Why did I choose a hilly route? Why? I don't know how I'm going to keep up running in the first trimester. I don't recall it being this difficult. I'm so thankful, I blogged during my first pregnancy because I can look back and see how this pregnacy differs or relates to my first one. I can already tell this "morning sickness" is already winning. I've been so nauseous and it hits me in the evening and in the morning. This morning I threw up and today I've lost my appetite. Who am I?
2011 Palo Duro 50K Trail Race

2 comments:

  1. I feel for ya Dom. During my first trimester, I only actually threw up a couple times, but I was in an almost constant state of dizziness, nausea, and pressure headaches. I remember crying a few days, because I was afraid that I would feel that way the entire pregnancy. Luckily, that wasn't the case. Odd, how each pregnancy and each woman can be so different from each other. You will make it through. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first trimester is terrible. That is all.

    Thanks for the encouraging words! Looking forward to meeting your little one soon.

    ReplyDelete