Saturday, October 22, 2011

First Run - Post Ultra

This morning, I met Sherri at Frontier Texas. We went for a 7 mile run in downtown Abilene. She was helping Abilene Runners Club prep for the Cancer Services Network 5K Race. I thought about racing it, but decided it would probably be best just to spectate.

Pre-Race:
Sherri and I ran the race course twice and then some. I felt alright. The first three miles were tough. We started too fast, but eventually we settled into a nice 9:30-ish pace.

Tomorrow morning, my goal is to sleep in and wake up without an alarm. If I'm feeling up to it and not sick, I'm going to go for a short run. Maybe a 3 miler. We'll see how I'm feeling. This morning I felt nauseous and probably would've scrapped my run, if I hadn't already made plans to meet Sherri. Oh, the joys of morning sickness. BLAH! That's how I feel.
Spectating at Frontier Texas 5k
Don't ask why I'm wearing a cotton shirt. I haven't worn a cotton shirt to run in --- in a long time. I was reminded why after about 2 miles of running and my shirt was drenched in sweat. My shirt felt so heavy and gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment