Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Novelty is Wearing: Paleo Day 23

I think I found paleo chips, they are called Turbana Plantain. I found them at Central Market, near the popcorn section. I got the Chili Lime bag, but they have all kinds of flavors. The bag I got tastes like Lay's Limon Chips. Soooo good! I'm not even lying. Go find you some and try them. I'll be going back to CM, soon and I'll be stocking up on these bags.

Ingredients: selected fresh plantain, vegetable oil, salt and chili-lime flavor.


The last few days of Paleo have been tough. I've been craving junk, especially after running 18 miles Saturday. After a long run, like that I just want to indulge, like I normally do, but then I remember... "the challenge." Don't get me wrong, I didn't deprive myself. If I wanted pizza, I ate it -- and I'm talking about the real kind -- and by real I guess I mean fake -- Domino's Pizza. Ahhh, it was just what I needed. :) So, I cracked 20 something days into the challenge. Technically, again....but who is counting?!? (ME). A few more days of this challege and then we'll see what I decide to do. Go Paleo or go home.

Here is a glimpse of my training from last week. Now, this feels like Ultra Marathon Training. 
Screen shot 2011-08-23 at 9.38.51 PM
I'll leave you with a snapshot, taken during one of my running breaks.
 Running Near the Trinity: Running Break Near the Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment