Wednesday, June 22, 2011

She's Worth It

Today, is a good day. After two and a half years, Trey and I finally paid off Cheyenne's medical bill. She spent the first week of her life in NICU. Even with insurance it cost us a pretty penny. But ya know...she's totally worth it ;)
Cheyenne in NICU
I still remember the night she was transferred to another hospital. The nurses prepared us for the worst and it freaked us out. There were lots of tears that night. Trey and I were terrified, but fast forward to 2011 and we have a gorgeous healthy daughter.

It was difficult seeing her in NICU. The hospital had strict visiting hours. I spent 9 months growing her in my belly and then all of sudden I was separated from her. That was tough!
Cheyenne in NICU
I mean really, who wants to see their newborn child like this?
Cheyenne in NICU
I have to say, the nurses did a fantastic job putting her on a 3 hour feeding and napping schedule. So, it wasn't all bad. Our family was great too. They spent time with us in the hospital, brought us food, made me rest and kept us distracted.
Cheyenne in NICU
If you are interested, here is the blog post from 2008, when Cheyenne was transferred NICU.

Financial View
Oh wow, it feels so good to have one less bill to pay each month. Trey and I want to keep the momentum going. Dave Ramsey Debt Snowball? You bet!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's awesome yall paid it off and Cheyenne is definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have one kid paid off...its time for another one! LOL
    I am like you though...its so nice to have one less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete