Monday, November 24, 2008

Cheyenne is in NICU

The last 24 hours have been hard. Yesterday evening, Cheyenne was turning blue and her oxygen level dipped down to 60 which alarmed everyone. At 12 am she was then transfered from Baylor Southwest to Baylor All Saints NICU.

Meanwhile, I had to wait the next morning to be discharged from the hospital. It was the hardest thing being away from her. I took Ambient to get through the night. Poor Trey didn't get much sleep since he followed her over. This morning I made my way to Baylor All Saints.

She is currently doing well. I spent the entire day with her in NICU. We're still waiting on further test results and for her to finish her antibiotics, but she should be cleared to come home tomorrow.

During her stay, I had several opportunities to have direct skin to skin contact with her, which I feel like helped me more than her. I was afraid that I would not be able to breast feed her, but that hasn't been a problem. I honestly believe everything will be fine and that all these drastic steps were taken as precautious measures. I just want my baby girl home. Tomorrow I will try to drop a line and give an update.

This picture was taken while Cheyenne was in NICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment