Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rediscovering My Passion for Wedding Videography

Back in college, I spent my weekends filming weddings. I loved it. It kept me busy and I learned so much about videography, during that time.

A few weeks ago, Chris contacted me asking if I'd be interested in filming his sister-in-laws wedding. I've been wanting to get back to event videography, so I said YEAH! Chris and I went to Abilene Christan at the same time and we both majored in electronic  media. I had several classes with him and I also taped his wedding ceremony, way back when.

This is Kay & Chris at the wedding reception, Friday night.
Kay & Chris at Missy & Evans Wedding 
Timing is everything, isn't it? 
I recently purchased a DSLR and I had an opportunity to use it at this wedding. When it was all said and done, I used a total of four cameras. Two cameras to record the ceremony, one camera to capture audio from the mixing board and one DSLR to capture everything else. Is it normal for a camera to make my heart skip a beat? Hmmm...I probably should've edited that last comment out, but the depth of field is so good on the T2i, it makes me sick. Good sick, if there is such a thing. 

Here is a video clip, it's raw footage. I shot this in Standard Definition, using a Canon T2i DSLR. 
Meet the bride and Groom, Missy and Evan
No Audio: Raw Footage. Missy & Ethan's Wedding from Dominique Anderson on Vimeo.


You mean you're paying me to do what I love?
I've been wanting to get back to event videography.  I've mentioned it several times on the blog. Well, after filming this wedding, it reignited my passion. Filming a wedding is like filming a fairytale. Also, the work feels like a party -- because it is.

Name Dropping
Friday night, at the wedding ceremony,  I met the photographer that Missy and Ethan hired. Her name is Stephanie Hunter, she's based in Abilene. Check out her site! Her pictures are gorgeous!

Also, a special thank you to Serena. Serena is a DFW photographer, who helped me man the second camera during the ceremony. This was her first time to film a wedding. I've already edited the ceremony and her camera work was fantastic. She panned and zoomed like a pro! I'm so glad I asked for her help!

While I'm name dropping and all, I would also like to thank photographer, David Ruiz. I was having a hard time figuring out why my DSLR would shift exposure every time I panned or zoomed. With a few twitter responses back and forth, David told me exactly how to correct it. He's like a photography rock star!

Heads Up!
If you have friends looking for a videographer, you know how to find me. I want to focus on the Abilene & Dallas-Fort Worth Area. Tell your friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey that's me!

    That DOF really is beautiful- I so want that camera now...

    ReplyDelete