Monday, April 25, 2011

Setting Goals & Being Patient. Upgrading to a New Camera.

Graduation 2006


For several months, I've had DSLR camera fever. Now, I'm taking steps to make a big purchase to upgrade from my trusty Canon XT to a T2i. The XT was a college graduation gift, Trey got me back in 2006. And now a flashback to college graduation...






I'm determined to pay cash out-right and not pull money from savings OR finance. So, how the hell am I going to buy one? Good question. Well, I'm inspired by Trey and his honey hole <--- that's what he calls his extra cash. He's been saving dough he's earned from side projects, in order to fund his pet project - THE TRUCK. This is not a current picture, but this is the truck.

So, here is my plan: Operation New Baby:
I have several photography freelance projects coming up that will help me reach my goal. I also plan on selling my old DSLR camera and lenses. If all goes as planned, by the end May I will have a new camera that has essentially paid for itself. That's what I'm talking 'bout! 

Of all places, Sam's Club is selling my camera. Every week, I visit it. Soon it will be mine. 

I'll leave you with some old photos from my trusty XT. It's been a good camera and it still is.
Natasha's Baby Shower

IMG_9584

Sunset at Abilene Zoo 2006

PIck-Me Up...PLEASE

Zoo 2006

Bella

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:45 PM

    I got a T2i for my bday last year and it's amazing...especially for the price! Definitely worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love pics of chey with trey. no doubt who HER daddy is... wow! :)

    ReplyDelete