Thursday, April 21, 2011

Palo Duro Trail Run. Where do I sign?

I hear Palo Duro Trail Run calling my name
Yesterday, Trey sent me this picture. It's the latest issue of runners world magazine. It’s a special trail issue. He thought I would enjoy it, since I recently discovered a trail, in my backyard….okay, technically it’s less than 2 miles away, but that’s nothing. Coming from someone who runs 20 miles while in training for a marathon, trust me, 2 miles is spitting distance.



In RW magazine, they list the best 25 trail runs in America. Guess which state made the list? TEXAS! That’s right because Texas is awesome like that. The race is called Palo Duro Trail Run. Now, I’ve got ultra marathon fever… again! My tail is wagging. I’m so excited. The race takes place in October. I’m not saying I’m going to sign-up for it, but geez it would be nice. You know, I’ve never ran a race outside of DFW, not even in Abilene.

Why I like to keep it close to home
1.     1. Familiarity
2.     2. DFW is awesome. Duh!
3.     3. For the pocket book.
Race Registration + Meals + Lodging + Travel Expenses = $300 (easily)

It may be time to consider my options outside of my beautiful Cowtown bubble. I still need to talk it over with Trey, but this race or one like it would be AhhhMazing. Running up hills, down hills, in the dirt, on rocks, just sounds like fun. I hear trail races sell out fast and I'm sure all the easily-influenced - by RW people, like myself, are taking note of this race too.

By the way, friends ask me what my next race is and at the moment I don’t have any in my immediate future. The next race on the list is Dallas White Rock Marathon in December.

Here is a Texas Country Report about Palo Duro Canyon State Park. This is where the race will be located. Wanna come?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I'm doing my first 50-miler a month before this, in Missouri. Will definitely consider this one for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 AM

    You would love Palo Duro. You should go.

    ReplyDelete