Friday, January 21, 2011

Shoes. Dress Shoes. Running Shoes. I Need Shoes.

20 MilerDidn't I just purchase running shoes not too long ago? (Flashback to October) Since my October purchase, I have covered over 400 miles in my Nike LunarGlide's.

I really want to avoid waiting until the last minute, like I always do. It seems like I wait until my legs and feet are in so much pain, before I actually purchase a new pair. My shoes typically start to die around the 450-500 mark. So, I'm actually surprised I'm not feeling any pain yet. 

I've been really pleased with the quality of my shoes, considering they are a little more affordable than shoes I've purchased in the past. Actually, I like them so much, I'm thinking about buying another pair. Maybe a different color....

It bothers me that I spend all this effort - researching and thinking about running shoes and I seem to neglect my everyday dress shoes. My dress shoes, the pair I wear to work, look old and it's time to replace them too. I may need to start a shoe fund.

Hey, I have a half marathon next week. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm not sure how I should race for it. Go all out? Or conserve my energy for the rest of my ultra marathon training? I have a feeling, I'm going to give the half my all. I'm praying for pleasant weather!

Oh and I don't want to forget to mention that Trey has started running. He ran five miles this week and he's also been lifting weights and swimming! Impressive! He's been running pretty fast too, considering he hates to run and has not done it EVER in a very long time. As much as I want to run with him, he prefers to run by himself. Maybe, I can persuade him to join me for a recovery run. Weekend Mission! 

2 comments:

  1. I understand where Trey is coming from! I hate working out with people, especially running but really anything. I like the alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh which lunar glides do you have? I've heard good things about an older pair, but not the newer ones.....

    ReplyDelete