Wednesday, January 19, 2011

30 Things About Me

A while back, Linda tagged me in a FB note. It was a list of 30 random things all about her. Some of the things I already knew, (10 plus years of friendship, it’s no wonder). For example, She’s been married to Steve for 5 ½ years. I should know this because not only was I in her wedding, but I also videotaped the event.  From her note, I did learn some new things and it got me wanting to share 30 Random things about myself. Now, I like to consider myself an open book: HELLO WORLD, I’ve been blogging for a few years now, but maybe I can share new things, so here we go….

I hope you have time to read this: It took me a while to put it together.

1.    1.  I’m a morning person, 100%. To me, sleeping in means waking up at 7:30 am. Even on the weekends. Seriously.
2.     2Sleeping with socks on is a must. If I doze off to sleep without socks on, I will wake up and find socks to put on. Don’t ask me why.
3.     3. When I was in high school I was in a program called Upward Bound. It’s probably one of the main reasons I went to college. It exposed me to traveling, college studies, college life, and cultural events. Thank you government program, especially for the partially paid trips to places like New York University, Columbia University, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Disney World! Also all the exposure to classical music shows, theatre, and art exhibits.
4.     4. If you’ve met me you may know this about me: I’m OCD about drinking water. I always have a bottle with me. If I go somewhere and I accidently forget to take it along, I get anxious. Most nights I wake up and take sips of water. I hate the feeling of having a dry mouth.
5.     5. I think I’m an average photographer. When people praise my photography skills, I think REALLY?!? Truth be told, I have no idea what I’m doing :) 
6.     6. About 90% of my work apparel comes from EXPRESS. I love how their pants look on me.
7.     7. Trey and I had been married less than 2 years and I moved to Los Angeles for several months and attend Los Angeles Film Studies Center, while he stayed behind in Texas.
8.     8. After moving there made me realize how much I love Texas. I will never move to another state ever again. That’s how I feel, at least since I came back.
9.     9. I shave my legs everyday (practically). What can I say? I like smooth legs.
10  10. Before I married, I never owned any type of diamonds and my birthstone is a diamond. Now, Trey has created a monster. I love the sparkly stuff.
11  11. When I was a child maybe I was six years old, I recall a vivid moment playing with my dolls and dreaming about being a mommy. I thought, I’m going to be the best mommy ever! I’m going to take my kids to the park and to the library all the time.
12  12. During my high school years I convinced myself I could sing. If you knew me during those years, why didn’t you tell me I sucked?!? WHY?!? It would’ve saved me some embarrassing public singing sessions. Oy.
13  13. In middle school I ran on the cross country team and hated it. To push thru the pain I would yell profanities. Not out loud, but in my head. I was also on the track team. Sports and stuff like that did not interest me, once I was in high school.
14  14. I’ve never been to a movie theatre by myself. One day I will do this.
15  15. Probably one of the best vacations I ever took was last year when I went to Las Vegas by myself. I say vacation, but it was a work related trip. Still. I ran the LV strip several times and ate at some of the best restaurants and did whatever I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it, whenever I was not attending class. It was glorious.
16  16. The living quarters in my home and guest bathroom are always tidy. An unexpected guest on the way over? No problem. Come on by.
17  17. I’m a terrible speller and sometimes I think I may be dyslexic. I’ll type a sentence then read it over and over again, come back to that same sentence an hour later and notice the words are all jumbled around. It’s very frustrating. So, if you are a regular reader of this blog, thank you for your patience.
18  18. If I could change a few things about my wedding it would be the location. I would’ve picked the chapel versus the main sanctuary. Also, I would’ve spent maybe $100 dollars on my dress versus $700.
19  19. Speaking of weddings, my wedding night (Wait, it’s not what you think. Keep reading) my feet cramped, like charlie horse cramps from wearing high heels all day long.
20  20. If I changed professions I think I would look into being a personal trainer, a nutritionist, or a yoga instructor.
21  21. Probably one of my favorite video projects I’ve ever worked on, involved a video I shot for the Abilene Philharmonic. I taped a skit involving a 70 year-old couple riding around Abilene on a motorcycle.
22  22. I like when friends call me Dom. My co-workers call me Doma (dome-A), that’s cool too.
23  23. If I could afford to buy all organic I would. I’ve learned to pick and choose.
24  24. Growing up, I hated milk. Now we are friends.
25  25. I count on routine and order in my life.
26  26. My all time favorite childhood Christmas present moment was the year I got a Game Boy.
27  27. In my teens I developed asthma. I use to have to use an inhaler when exercising. Praise God for healing me. It’s been years, since I’ve used an inhaler.
28  28. I visit the Lululemon website everyday.
29  29. I almost didn’t go to college I wanted to go to technical school, but an ACU professor pulled me aside and told me I was better than that. I was furious with him. Later, I cried and thought, how dare he! I needed someone in his position to tell me that. Later, in my college career he was one of my instructors and he was my biggest cheerleader. He also helped me apply for numerous scholarships.
30  30. I’ve never had my eyebrows professionally waxed/plucked. I hope you can’t tell. 

1 comment:

  1. Dom! This was the same for me...I knew about half of this already, but I still learned some knew info too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete