Monday, January 24, 2011

MELTDOWNS!

Okay, the pictures you see of Cheyenne posted on this blog are all cute and angelic, but what you don't see are the moments when she throws hysterical fits. Yeah, fits -- plural.

Over the last month, I've come to expect at least one meltdown in the grocery store (per visit). My child does not want to sit in the cart. "I want downnnnnnnn!" 

It may be too soon to tell, but I think I found a middle ground for both of us. I let her walk the grocery store, but the deal is, she has to hold the front of the cart. She can also grab items that are within her reach and then throw them in the basket. She feels like she's helping and she's happy, which makes me happy.

I even let her carry the list...She's doing important work. 
Grocery Shopping

The Park is Another Story:

After Chey took an afternoon nap, I took her to park. I ran a one mile recovery run with her and then I let her play. I can't tell you how many times she went down the slide. When it was time to go, she had a terrible meltdown. Arms and legs were going and she was screaming NOOOoOO. I don't know if we'll ever come to a middle ground when it comes to leaving the park. The park is just too much fun and who wants to leave fun?
Playing at the Park

No comments:

Post a Comment