Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Brown Bagging It! & Training for an Ultra Marathon

I'm a big fan of packing my lunch. It's healthier than eating out and it's more affordable. Maybe once a month, I'll treat myself and go out to eat during my lunch break, but for the most part you'll see me brown bagging it. For Christmas, Trey's parents got me this fit and fresh lunch box and I think it's the coolest thing.
Lunch Box
I love it. 
Lunch Box
See the compartment for the ice pack? 
Lunch Box
Pretty Cool...don't you think? Now, I've made you hungry....
By the way, my first day back at work was great, even better with a morning workout, a tall cup of joe, and of course all this food.
Lunch Box

So, I'm trying to get back to my morning workout routine, so I got up while the world was sleeping and started my day with a P90X workout. Shoulders & Arms, followed by AbRipperX! BAM! Nothing says wake up like P90. The hardest part is getting out of bed that early, but if I can remind myself of the feeling and rush I have afterwards, it should help me kick myself out of bed. So, it's almost definite I will be running the Cowtown Ultra Marathon, next month and I'm soooo not training for this race the way I trained for Dallas White Rock. I don't want to make the same mistakes and I want to avoid injury, so I may only be running at the most 35 miles a week and the rest will be cross training. That's the plan, but it is what it is...just a plan. These things have a way of changing...you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment